Information about upcoming APLA hunt tests in our region.
**PLEASE NOTE that the COVID-19 situation is still very fluid. These hunt tests will only be conducted if state and local regulations permit it.
SPRING APLA HUNT TEST: June 18-19, 2022
LOCATION: Snoqualmie Valley Retriever Training Grounds
Address: 10808 W Snoqualmie Valley Rd NE, Carnation, WA 98014
- This weekend will be for CPR, APR, and MPR and APLA’s COVID-19 social distancing policy will be followed.
- Masks will be provided for all spectators/handlers and should be worn whenever 6 ft of social distancing is not possible.
- Handlers’ Meeting: Friday at 6 pm, on test grounds
- Saturday/Sunday check-in time: 7 am on test grounds (signs will direct you)
- Dry camping will be available for a fee payable to the property owner
- Lunch available for a donation
LODGING INFO: * in front of those that are dog friendly
- Hampton Inn & Suites, 17770 NE 78th Place. Redmond, Washington 98052, 425-553-1200
- *Best Western Sky Valley Inn, 19233 State Route 2, Monroe, Washington 98272, (360) 794-3111
- *Evergreen Inn & Suites Monroe, 19103 US-2, Monroe, WA 98272, (360) 863-1900
- *Motel 6 Issaquah Seattle East , 1885 15th Pl NW, Issaquah, WA 98027, (425) 392-8405
Numerous restaurants nearby
- Tokyo Teriyaki, 14650 N Kelsey St, Monroe, WA 98272
- Quizno’s, 14110 Main St NE Ste C, Duvall, WA 98019
- Thai Duvall, 26321 NE Valley St, Duvall, WA 98019
- Pickle Time, 14142 Main St NE, Duvall, WA 98019
Master: Steve Ward (CO), Chris Garramone (CO)
Advanced: Steve Ward (CO), Chris Garramone (CO)
Certified: Pat Persing (WA), TBD
FOR QUESTIONS: Contact the HT Chair
PAST APLA HUNT TESTS:
April 1-2, 2017 at Camanche Hills Hunting Preserve in Ione, CA.
September 24-25, 2016 at Lord Hill Game Preserve, Hwy 2 in Monroe, WA.
FALL 2015: September 26-27, 2015 at Lord Hill Game Preserve, Hwy 2 in Monroe, WA.
Here is the video from the 2015 Fall Hunt Test:
FALL 2014: September 27-28, 2014 at Lord Hill Game Preserve, Hwy 2 in Monroe, WA. This test is in the books! 9 new CPR, 1 APR, 2 MPR dogs passed. See a video of this event here.