We are honored to host, in conjunction with Columbia Basin Pointing Lab Club and Southern Idaho Pointing Lab Club the 2023 APLA Triple Crown Invitational!
For Qualified 4x Grand Master Pointing Retrievers
Dates: Labor Day Weekend, Sept. 2-4, 2023
Location: Lenore, Idaho
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Friday night, September 1st:
- Handlers Meeting
- Mandatory bitch check
- Complimentary Northwest-themed dinner provided by the 3 host clubs
Saturday, September 2nd:
- Bitch check if not done Friday evening at Check-in
- Series #1 of Triple Crown
- Handlers/Judges Banquet: location TBD
Sunday, September 3rd:
- Series #2 of Triple Crown
Monday, September 4th:
- Series #3 of Triple crown
- Awards Ceremony
We thank Elaine Brock for the use of her beautiful property for this event!
Address: 3918 Middle Rd, Lenore ID 83541
Notes for driving: Roads to avoid with trailers (Google maps will try to send you up these):
*From Orofino: Havlock Grade (this road can only fit small jeeps; if you like to 4×4, this is for you). Continue past this road; the map will auto adjust to take the south road in.
*From Moscow: there is a 9% grade if you take Hwy 99 down. An option is via Hwy 8 then onto Hwy 3 through Deary. 7% grade this way.
*From Lewiston: it will try to send you up Lenore Grade. It’s a steep dirt road. Trucks are fine; trailers are not.
- *White Pine Motel, 222 Brown Ave, Orofino, ID, 208-476-7093, https://whitepinemotel.com/ approx. $92/night, $15 per pet per night. 11.6 miles from test grounds. WE HAVE RESERVED 10 PET-FRIENDLY ROOMS under Lily Lo’s name. When calling to reserve a room, request that.
- *Konkoville Motel, 2600 Michigan Avenue, Orofino, ID. (208) 476-5584, Toll Free: (800) 616-1964, https://www.konkolvillemotel.com/ Pet fee: $15 per pet per night (max. 2 pets). 14.1 miles away from test grounds.
- *Best Western Lodge at River’s Edge, 615 Main Street, Orofino, ID. 208-476-9999, approx. $159/night, $20 per pet per night. 11.9 miles from test grounds. WE HAVE RESERVED 2 PET-FRIENDLY ROOMS and 4 NON-PET ROOMS under “Triple Crown Event.” When calling to reserve one of the two pet-friendly rooms, it is first come, first served.
- *Helgeson Place Hotel & Suites, 125 Johnson Ave, Orofino, ID, 208-476-5729, http://www.helgesonhotel.com/ 2 pet-friendly rooms, approx. $110/night, $20 per pet per night. 11.7 miles from test grounds.
- *Best Western Plus, The Inn at Hells Canyon. 1395 Bridge St, Clarkston, WA, 509-295-8215. Has pet-friendly rooms with individually fenced patios in each room. 30.5 miles away from test grounds (34 min)
- *Clearwater Crossing RV Park, 500 Riverfront Road, Orofino, ID, 877-476-4800, 208-476-4800, https://www.clearwatercrossingrvpark.com/ 11.5 miles from test grounds (24 min)
- *Pink House Recreation Site, 91 Pink House Road, Orofino, ID, 208-962-3245, https://www.blm.gov/visit/pink-house-recreation-site, 16.6 miles from test grounds (33 min)
- *Canoe Camp RV Park, 85 Canoe Camp Loop, Orofino, ID, 208-476-7530, http://www.canoecamprv.com/ 16 miles (35 min)
- Limited dry camping on the test grounds for small trailers only. Must reserve in advance by contacting Lily (360)-508-0022 or[email protected]
- Dworshak State park, call for reservation (208)-476-5994, [email protected]. They run Freeman Creek Campground and Three Meadows group camp along with some cabins.
- Free trailer camping near Orofino along old Hwy 7 at the boat launch.
- Air bnb’s available in Julietta, Kendrick, Orofino and Lenore, all within 30 minutes.
- City of Kendrick has RV camping with hookups. Daily rate $25, weekly $125. Stream behind the area where dogs can swim. 25 minutes from the test grounds.
- Barney’s Harvest Foods (Grocery Store), 13030 US-12, Orofino, ID 83544, 208-476-3413. 15.2 miles
- Northfork Café, 56 Northfork Dr, Ahsahka, ID 83520, 208-476-0868, https://www.facebook.com/northforkcafe/?_rdr, 8 am – 8 pm, closed Mondays. 7.7 miles
- The Wannigan (BBQ), 152 Johnson Ave, Orofino, ID (208) 476-3747, https://www.thewannigan.com/, 10 am- 8 pm, closed Sundays/Mondays. 11.7 miles
- The Dog House (sandwiches/hot dogs), 245 Main St, Orofino, ID , 11 am – 3 pm, closed Saturdays/Sunday, 11.7 miles
- Cooper’s Express (chicken restaurant), 1130 Michigan Ave, Orofino, ID, (208) 476-3011, https://coopersexpress.com/ 12.3 miles
- Mrs C’s Burgers, 105 Michigan Ave, Orofino, ID, (208) 476-7463, 10 am – 9 pm. 11.5 miles
- Subway, 11330 US-12, Orofino, ID (208) 476-9968, 8 am – 8 pm, 14.1 miles
- Chaps Chicken, 13030 US-12, Orofino, ID(208) 476-3413, https://champschicken.com/menu/, 10 am – 8 pm. 15.2 miles
- Canyon Inn Bar & Grill, 20652 Big Canyon Rd, Peck, ID, (208) 486-6070, http://www.canyoninnbarandgrill.com/index.html, 7 am – 9 pm, 19.2 miles
What to do in Orofino: https://clearwatercountyadventures.com/orofino/
HIKING & MOUNTAIN BIKING: https://www.trailforks.com/region/idaho-3166/?activitytype=1&z=10.1&lat=46.55772&lon=-116.15991
The Guide Shop & Clearwater Drifters: https://www.theguideshop.com/
Fishing reports on the Clearwater River: https://perfectflystore.com/your-streams/fly-fishing-on-the-clearwater-river-in-idaho/